With Summer right around the corner, it’s time to level up our vegan frozen treats game! This is a versatile recipe that you can customize and use in a thousand different ways, and enjoy every single day. It’s ridiculously delicious and healthy, making it a the perfect breakfast, snack, or dessert! You can even add granola, flax, hemp, or chia seeds for extra fiber in the morning!
Our simple recipe only requires two ingredients: frozen strawberries and frozen bananas. The most difficult part if remembering to freeze your fruits before bed, so if you’ll be making this delish “nice cream”, you may want to do that now!
Simply toss your frozen fruits in a food processor or high-speed blender and pulse or process until you achieve a creamy texture. Then, top with whatever goodies you’d like!
Alternatively, you could use only banana for a simple, sweet frozen treat. Bananas are very important in this recipe, as they provide a super creamy, smooth texture! However, you can replace the strawberries with any fruit or flavor you’d like – cacao powder, blueberries, vanilla extract, soursop, peaches, mango, you name it!
Check out our incredibly easy recipe below and have fun beating the heat with this one!
Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream
- Food processor or high-speed blender
Strawberry Ice Cream
- 2 cups banana (frozen, sliced)
- 2 cups strawberries (frozen, whole)
- 1 strawberry (large, sliced)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Prep your sliced bananas and strawberries and freeze in separate containers overnight.
- Toss both fruits in a food processor (process until creamy) or high-speed blender (pulse until creamy texture is achieved).
- Top with a sliced strawberry and chia seeds! Enjoy!