If you’re looking for a meal you can prep for the entire week, you’ve come to the right place. This amazing vegan chili recipe will completely satisfy your cravings!
We love to enjoy our vegan chili over quinoa, with rice, or in tacos for a quick Mexican treat! Margaritas, anyone? We love Mexican food and know you do too, so here’s our plant-based take on this hearty meal.
We started off with the one ingredient that makes vegan chili… well, chili! Cumin. It’s the all-star in many Latin American dishes, and this one is no exception. After having toasted our cumin for about 2 minutes, we moved on to some other goodies that would completely transform this dish: olive oil, onions, and garlic.
Later, we moved on to potatoes (you want to cook these before your other veggies, as they take longer) and chilli pepper, then tomatoes, and finally, our beans! We chose black beans and kidney beans this time around. Don’t forget the cilantro! We know it’s controversial; you either love this herb or it tastes like soap. In our home, we all love it!
We then mixed it all together and closed the lid for about 25 minutes, letting our meal simmer and come together in a symphony of bright and earthy flavors. Ready to try it out for yourself
Hearty Vegan Chili
- Large pot
- Toast your cumin seed for about 2 minutes in a heated pot.
- Add your olive oil, onion, and garlic. Cook until onion is a bit translucent.
- Add your potato and chilli powder. Let cook for about 10 more minutes.
- Add your water, tomatoes, maple syrup, salt, cilantro, black beans, and kidney beans. Stir, put on the lid and let cook for about 25 minutes.
- Serve over rice or quinoa, or enjoy in some yummy tacos! Bon appétit!