It’s Christmas time! Time to forget about calorie-counting and macros, and dive into an ocean of sweets, treats, and good eats. So, in honor of the occasion, we’ve decided to share our delicious Christmas dessert recipe. Vanilla. Condensed. Milk. Cake.
- Two 8" cake pans
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Electric hand mixer
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk (or dairy-free milk of choice)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar (oops!)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or margarine (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup vegan yogurt vanilla
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Condensed Milk Icing
- 1/2 cup powdered soy milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water filtered, hot
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF or 176ºC. Grease your cake pans using some vegetable oil.
- Whisk all dry ingredients together (except sugar) in your large mixing bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients together (plus the sugar) in your medium mixing bowl, starting with your butter and sugar. Cream these together, then add the rest.
- Pour your batter into the greased cake pans, dividing it evenly between the two.
- Bake the cakes in your preheated oven for about 40 minutes, or until it passes the "toothpick test" (insert a toothpick into your cake, and if it comes out dry, it's ready).
- Remove your cakes from the heat, turn off the stove, then let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from pans, then level out the top of one of your cakes with a long bread knife.
Condensed Milk Icing
- Using an electric hand mixer, mix all ingredients (except the confectioner's sugar) in your medium-sized bowl until creamy and thick.
- Then, place your confectioner's sugar in a separate bowl, and add the condensed milk mixture slowly, mixing constantly with the hand mixer until your desired icing texture is achieved.
- Apply icing to your cake with the flat top, then place the second layer of cake on top. Now, ice the entire cake to your liking. Enjoy!