I was scrolling through Facebook the other day, and saw an image that said: “You can’t please everybody, you’re not a cookie.” It’s so true! Cookies make everyone happy. That’s why we thought it’d be appropriate to lift your spirits today with a recipe for these delicious vegan peanut butter cookies!
When it comes to peanut butter cookies, what makes them great is when they’re a bit crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. They also must have a generous amount of salt. This is why we opted for a salted natural peanut butter. The texture all depends on the cooking time. About 13-14 minutes should be just enough to get that perfect bite!
We started off by preheating the oven and creaming the peanut butter with granulated sugar in a large bowl. Then, we added the soy milk and some vanilla extract (you can use vanilla flavoring as a cheaper, just as good option).
We finished making our dough by whisking together some flour and baking soda in a separate medium bowl, then tossing that over our wet mixture. Then, after washing our hands thoroughly, we got down and dirty and mixed it all together.
In order to achieve that classic peanut butter cookie taste, we rolled our balls of cookie dough in some granulated sugar, but you can skip that part if you’d like! Then, we pressed a fork over each, creating a grid-like design on our cookies.
To the oven!
We then baked them for about 13 minutes, and enjoyed them over some nice warm soy milk. Your turn!
Here are some more vegan sweets you may like:
Share your thoughts in the comments! Here’s a question for you: What’s your favorite dessert recipe to make at home as a family?
- Cookie Tray
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 Medium Mixing Bowl
- 1 cup flour all-purpose
- 1 cup peanut butter natural, crunchy, salted (Other nut butters work, too!)
- 1/2 cup sugar (or your granulated sweetener of choice)
- 1/8 cup soy milk (or your plant milk of choice)
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF or 176ºC. Line a cookie tray with parchment paper or grease with olive oil and a brush.
- Cream your peanut butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Then, add your vanilla and soy milk.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, whisk together your flour and baking soda.
- Pour the contents of your medium bowl into your larger mixing bowl. Mix with your hands or a wooden spoon. The dough should be very thick, and should not stick to the sides of the bowl too easily.
- Divide your batter into 2-inch balls, and roll them in granulated sugar (optional). Then, press them onto your cookie tray with a fork, creating a criss-cross design over each.
- Place your cookies in the oven for about 13-14 minutes. Then, remove from oven, let cool, and enjoy!