The shiitake mushrooms, the miso paste, the green onions… All of these ingredients work toward the creation of this savory Asian delicacy. Basically, this dish is the definition of umami. So, add any veggies you like, and enjoy on a cold afternoon. Also, make sure to freeze your broth so you can make more later!
Savory Vegan Ramen
- Large pot
- Small Bowl
- 1 tbsp sesame oil light
- 4 cups water filtered
- 2 whole veggie stock cubes low sodium
- 1 tbsp miso paste white or yellow
- 1/2 tbsp tamari low-sodium
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 1/2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 medium onion chopped, large pieces
- 1/4 cup shiitake mushrooms dehydrated, soaked (for at least 1 hour), sliced
- 1/4 cup baby corn frozen
- 1 block silken tofu extra firm, cubed
- 1 cup bok choy fresh, whole, organic
- 1/2 cup green onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup enoki mushrooms fresh, whole
- Heat a pot on your stovetop.
- In a small bowl, whisk 3 tbsp hot filtered water with your miso paste, until lumps disappear and mixture is smooth.
- Add sesame oil, garlic, ginger, onion, and shiitake mushrooms to your pot. Stiry fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add water, vegetable stock cubes (or use 2 cups water and 2 cups vegetable broth), and tamari to your pot. Mix everything together and let boil on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add ramen noodles, and let boil for another 7-10 minutes, or until noodles are soft. Finally, turn off the heat and add your miso mixture. Stir in until completely dissolved.
- Remove your pot from heat, and serve in 2 soup bowls.
- Add your desired toppings, and garnish with extra green onion. Enjoy!