This recipe is essential for anyone transitioning to a vegan diet. If you haven’t heard of tofu scramble, it’s the low-cholesterol, plant-based version of scrambled eggs. So, what’s the secret to our luscious vegan scramble? Firm silken tofu.
- Heat and grease your saucepan with olive oil.
- Prep your vegetables, then, using your hands, crumble up your block of firm silken tofu.
- Add onion, tomato, salt, cilantro, and spices to your pan, and fry until onions are transparent and the mixture is fragrant.
- Add your crumbled tofu to the pan, and stir all ingredients together until well incorporated.
- Garnish with chives, and serve with whole grain toast.