If you need a quick and easy plant-based meal for busy weeknights, then here’s the perfect dish for you. With this luscious creamy tomato pasta, simplicity is key.
- 170 g spaghetti dried
- 3 tomatoes large, chopped
- 3 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 50 g cashew milk unflavored, unsweetened
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 0.5 cup vegetable broth low sodium
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 0.5 onion diced
- 0.5 green bell pepper diced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced, raw
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp rosemary dried
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- Place spaghetti in boiling water with salt (to taste) and cook for about 10 minutes, until soft or "al dente".
- Heat saucepan and grease with olive oil.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, pepper, mushrooms, and onion to hot pan. Cook until tomatoes can be easily smashed.
- Add tomato paste, cashew milk, and vegetable broth to saucepan.
- In a small bowl, combine about 2 tbsp water with your cornstarch. Mix well. Then, add to saucepan and mix immediately into the sauce, before lumps can form.
- Add italian seasoning, rosemary, and salt to sauce.
- Cook for 5 more minutes until your sauce thickens.
- Add spaghetti to sauce pan, and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Serve hot, and enjoy!