You don’t need to throw a party to bake a delicious cake! If it’s just you and your partner enjoying a romantic evening, this is the one for you. This simple vanilla cake is light, low fat, and small enough to enjoy as a couple or with a friend! Tell us who you shared yours with in the comments!
- 5" cake pan
- Large and medium mixing bowls
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup soy milk (or plant milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup soy yogurt (or unseetened apple sauce)
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven at 350ºF or 176ºC.
- Whisk all dry ingredients together in your large bowl, and all wet ingredients in your medium bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, and mix well.
- Pour into 5" cake pan, and bake for 35-40 minutes. Let cool for 15-20 minutes before glazing.
- Combine all ingredients together, and whisk well until all lumps disappear.
- Drizzle over your cake, and enjoy!