Baked fries are a vegan staple. Pair with homemade guacamole, enjoy in lettuce wraps, or simply dip them in some ketchup! However you like to enjoy yours, we’d like to help you bake the best, easiest fries around.
- Oven or Air Fryer
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Small Bowl
- Baking Tray (if using oven)
- Parchment Paper (again, if using oven)
- 4 large potatoes yukon or russet
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil light
- Preheat your oven (if using a conventional oven) to 475ºF or 246ºC.
- Wash well, dry, and chop your potatoes into thin wedges, across the length of each.
- Add potatoes to a large mixing bowl. Mix all seasoning in a small bowl, then pour over your potatoes.
- Massage potatoes and seasoning, so as to cover every inch of your wedges.
- Pour olive oil over your potatoes, and continue massaging into potatoes.
- If using an oven, place your potatoes on a baking tray over parchment paper. Cover in foil, and bake for about 10 minutes. Then, remove foil, and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes are crispy and golden brown. If using an air fryer, toss potatoes into the basket, and fry for about 25 minutes.
- Serve with extra paprika, and your dip of choice. Enjoy!