“Wanna try some vegan recipes but not sure where to start? How about with breakfast! It’s the most important meal of the day, after all. These breakfast recipes are simple, budget-friendly, and the ingredients are so easy to find! Plus, they’re all under 10 ingredients. Comment your favorite below!
- 2 large mixing bowls
- Mason jars/bowls
- 1 cup Oats rolled
- 1 cup Water filtered
- 1 cup Soy milk
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Agave
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix until well incorporated.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Distribute oat mixture evenly into mason jars. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- Enjoy cold or heated on stovetop. If cooked, add more soy milk until desired texture is achieved.
- Toaster oven
- For simple tofu scramble, crumble up tofu and add to heated pan with a bit of olive oil or vegan butter. Add garlic, salt, and spices, and cook until golden.
- Toast bread for 2 or 3 minutes in your toaster.
- Add vegan mayo to each slice. Then halve your avocado, remove the seed, and cut into fine slices.
- Place avocado slices on each toasted bread.
- Carefully add tofu scramble to each avocado toast. Top with halved cherry tomatoes, hemp seeds, and green onions (for garnish).
- Heat and grease your saucepan with olive oil.
- Prep your vegetables, then, using your hands, crumble up your block of firm silken tofu.
- Add onion, tomato, salt, cilantro, and spices to your pan, and fry until onions are transparent and the mixture is fragrant.
- Add your crumbled tofu to the pan, and stir all ingredients together until well incorporated.
- Garnish with chives, and serve with whole grain toast.