These are the perfect soft, fudgy cookies for your holiday party! You’ll want to make this the irresistible plant-based addition to your table this year. Tell us how they did in the comments below!
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate chips (make sure they're dairy-free!)
- 3 tbsp vegan butter melted and cooled
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed for flax eggs (mix with 1/2 cup warm water)
- 1 tbsp instant coffee grounds (trust us on this one!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat your oven to 350ºF or 176ºC.
- Add all dry ingredients (except chocolate chips and coffee) to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix together your flax eggs, vegan butter, instant coffee, and vanilla extract.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients slowly, mixing constantly with a spoon. Mix until just combined, then add chocolate chips and use hands to fully incorporate all ingredients together.
- Form a ball with your dough, cover with plactic wrap and place in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Line your baking tray with the parchment paper.
- Form 1 1/2 inch diameter balls using your dough, and set them on the tray over the parchment paper, with 2 inches of space between them.
- Bake your cookies for about 10 minutes. Then, let them cool completely. Finally, enjoy with a cold glass of almond milk!