Tofu really is the solution to all vegan substitutes. That’s why here, we’re using silken tofu to create the perfect egg-free salad. Enjoy as is, or in a whole wheat wrap.
We started off with firm silken tofu, because we wanted that smooth “eggy” texture without ending up with a mushy salad. Then, we went in with some mustard, mayo, nutritional yeast (to enhance the flavor and of course, nutrition!), and curry powder. Finishing touches were salt and pepper, and our veggies/greens of choice. We went with green onions, shredded carrots, cilantro, and parsley.
Finally, we mixed it all together carefully, and applied our yummy mixture to our wraps. We highly recommend adding extra vegetables, like tomatoes, red cabbage, and onions! Get creative with it, and enjoy!
Vegan “Egg” Salad
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Chopping board
- 1 block tofu silken (14 oz.)
- 3 tbsp vegan mayo (we chose Vegenaise)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup carrots shredded
- 2 tbsp green onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley finely chopped
Suggested Wrap/Sandwich Toppings
- 1 wrap whole wheat
- 4 slices tomato
- 1 tbsp onion diced
- Gently combine all ingredients together in a large bowl. Test for salt, then set aside.
- Serve in a wrap or as is, and garnish with extra spring onion.