Eggs are arguably one of the most difficult foods to let go of when transitioning to a plant-based diet. They’re quick, cheap, and versatile. However, there are so many alternatives available today that you don’t need to miss out on any eggy goodness!
Use this vegan version of a vegetable frittata as a way to use up any vegetables in your fridge. Plus, if you have kids, this is a perfect way to sneak in even more veggies! You can also prep a large batch for the next few days. Let us know how you gave this recipe your own personal twist, in the comment section below.
Easy Vegan Frittata
- Blender or food processor
- Oven-Safe Skillet
- 1 medium potato peeled, diced
- 1 cup spinach halved
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 medium shallot diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Pre-heat your oven at 375ºF or 190ºC.
- Heat and grease your skillet, and add diced potatoes. Cook until soft, and then add green bell pepper, mushrooms, shallots, and salt.
- Blend all "egg" mixture ingredients together in a blender or food processor, then pour into your skillet, over the vegetables. Add spinach and mix well.
- Scrape down the sides of the skillet and transfer skillet to your pre-heated oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, then remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve with a side of fresh arugula or toast.