Golden Milk Origins
Also known as a turmeric latte, golden milk is originally from India! It’s soothing, healthy, sweet, and anti-inflammatory. However, the traditional version is made with dairy. That’s why we wanted to share our vegan golden milk version with you! Enjoy it hot on chillier days, or as a refreshing iced drink during the Summer!
It Reduces Stress
Vegan golden milk is also proven to reduce stress. Studies showed that curcumin binds to amyloid protein and reduces amyloid load in the brain and potentially reduces neurodegenerative damage. Wow!
Our favorite way to enjoy it is straight from the pot, even when it’s hot outside! Nothing beats a warm, calming drink on busy days. Our version is complex, sweet, low in fat, and so fragrant! Check it out below!
If you want a chocolate variation to this comforting drink https://oopsvegan.com/turmeric-hot-chocolate/
- Medium-sized pot
- 2 cups soy milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon ground
- 1/4 tsp. ginger powder
- 2/3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Heat a medium pot over a low flame.
- Add your soy milk, maple syrup, and spices, and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk all ingredients well until no lumps are left.
- Pour your latte into your cup and add a pinch of black pepper over top. Enjoy!