Everyone needs a bit of ice cream in their life every once in a while. This version is creamy, decadent, and the perfect base for any flavors you’d like to add. So, what’s the secret ingredient? Canned coconut milk.
Non-Dairy Ice Cream (No Ice-Cream Maker Required!)
- Food processor or high-speed blender
- Medium Pot
- Small Bowl
- Ice Tray
- 1 can coconut milk full-fat
- 1 cup cashew milk or non-dairy milk of choice
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or syrup of your choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Heat a medium pot over your stovetop.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1 tbsp cold water.
- Add all ingredients (except cornstarch) into your pot. Stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add your cornstarch mixture to the pot, stirring in quickly before lumps begin to form.
- Let cook for about 3 more minutes, stirring constantly, until a thick, creamy consistency is achieved.
- Turn of your stove, remove your pot from the heat, and let cool for about 40 minutes.
- Distribute mixture into 1-2 ice trays, and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Pop out ice cream cubes, and blend/process until smooth (with no extra liquid). Here you can add any additional ingredients you'd like (cinnamon, cocoa powder, frozen fruit, ect.)
- If necessary, after blending, transfer into a container and freeze for an extra hour. Then, let thaw for 10-15 minutes, and scoop out your ice cream! Serve with any toppings you'd like.