Lasagna is a great option for weekends, holidays, or to impress your friends and family. This plant based version of your Italian favourite is perfect for your special occasion. It also freezes well, so be sure to make extra!
- Lasagna pan
- Small pot
- Large pot
- 100 g silken tofu
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 16 oz lasagna pasta
- 100 g vegan mozzarella
- Heat a small pot on your stovetop.
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Pour your tofu mixture into the pot, then cook for about 3 minutes. At this point, small lumps should start showing up.
- Soak textured vegetable protein in water for about 20 minutes.
- Heat your saucepan and grease with olive oil.
- Add garlic, onion, and green bell pepper to pan. Sautee until onion becomes transparent.
- Drain water from TVP (textured vegetable protein), and add to saucepan.
- Add browning sauce, mix well, then add tomato sauce.
- Add oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Boil lasagna pasta in a large pot for about 10 minutes.
- Cover the bottom of your lasagna pan with a layer of bolognese sauce. Then, add a layer of pasta. Add a generous amount of ricotta, and more bolognese sauce. Finally, top with some of your vegan mozzarella. Repeat this process until the lasagna pan is full. On the top layer, add extra cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted.