This soup is the perfect way to eat your veggies! Each serving of this hearty Italian soup contains 2 servings of vegetables, so eat up! It also freezes well, so you can make extra for busy evenings.
- Pressure cooker or regular large pot (will take longer)
- 5 cup water filtered
- 2 cups tomatoes boiled, peeled
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 0.5 cup kidney beans raw or canned
- 0.5 cup lentils raw
- 0.5 cup cannellini beans raw or canned
- 0.25 cup peas frozen or canned
- 0.25 cup green beans frozen or canned
- 1 whole onion diced (large pieces)
- 0.5 whole zucchini sliced
- 4 cloves garlic sliced or minced
- 2 whole potatoes peeled, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp italian season
- 1.5 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp pepper ground
- 3 bay leaves dried
- 1 cup pasta dry, shells
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Bring your water to a boil in your pot or pressure cooker.
- Add your potatoes, and any of the raw legumes (lentils, beans, and/or cannellini beans) you'll be using. Cook until all of these ingredients are soft.
- Add any canned or frozen foods (legumes, peas, green beans), onions, garlic, and tomato sauce to the pot. Cook for about 5-8 more minutes.
- Add zucchini, italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and bay leaves. Cook for 5 more minutes, or until zucchini is almost fully cooked.
- Add dry pasta shells and olive oil to the soup. Continue cooking until pasta is ready. Do not overcook pasta, as it will become softer in the soup over time.
- Garnish each bowl with fresh basil, and serve with ciabatta bread. Enjoy!