Mexican food is a must! Though this vegan taco filling is perfect for, well, tacos, it’s also excellent for burritos, bowls, tostadas, and even nachos! Plus, it’s packed with protein and low in fat.
We kept this one simple with TVP, black beans, chipotle powder, onion powder, and salt! You can add cumin or cilantro to spice it up even more, if you’d like!
First, we boiled the TVP (textured vegetable protein – find it at most grocery stores or health food stores) for about 20 minutes in water with the chipotle and onion powder, then we drained and tossed in 1 can of black beans. We then simply covered up our mixture and let it simmer for 5-8 minutes. Finally, we sprinkled some salt over top and it was ready to enjoy!
Check out our simple vegan taco filling recipe here! Also, make sure to comment what you thought and how you enjoyed it!
- Medium Pot
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein (TVP) dry, flakes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can black beans
- 2 tbsp chipotle powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- salt (to taste)
- Bring your water to a boil in a pot.
- Add the TVP and seasoning. Reduce the flame.
- Add in your black beans, and mix everything together.
- Cover on low heat and cook for an additional 5-8 minutes.
- Enjoy! Best in tacos, bowls, or burritos!