If you’re a parent, you’ve probably experienced the challenges of feeding your kids healthy foods. That’s why our tofu nuggets are the perfect way introduce your family to plant-based foods. Pack them for lunch, use them in wraps, or snack on a few, so you can boost your protein intake!
- Baking tray
- Parchment/wax paper
- 150 g tofu firm
- 2 tbsp soy sauce for marinade
- 0.5 cup all purpose flour
- 0.75 cup soy milk unflavored, unsweetened
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper ground
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 0.5 tsp cayenne pepper
- 0.75 cup bread crumbs
- 0.25 cup cornflakes finely crushed
- Preheat oven to 400°F or 204°C.
- Cut block of tofu down the side, and press firmly (but carefully) between 2 chopping boards, to remove excess liquid.
- Cut tofu into smaller, nugget-sized rectangles.
- Marinade in soy sauce for about 20 minutes
- Combine flour, soy milk, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper in a mixing bowl. Whisk together until well combined.
- Combine bread crumbs and crushed cornflakes in a separate bowl.
- To prepare tofu nuggets, dip tofu in batter, then into bread crumbs, and finally place on your baking tray over parchment paper. Spray with a bit of oil to achieve golden color.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Serve with ketchup, or a dip of your choice.