With everything happening in the news right now, you’re probably wondering how to keep your family strong and healthy! Personally, we’ve been filling up on nutrient-dense plants, and making sure we’re getting all the vitamins and minerals we need. However, some nutrients have proven to be more immunizing than others, like vitamin A, C, E, D, and iron.
We’ve come up with a few drinks just bursting with these essential nutrients for a healthy immune system. Plus, they’re absolutely delicious! There’ll be no need to trick the kids into drinking them. Find the recipes below, and enjoy!
- Juicer or blender
- 4 medium carrots organic
- 4 large oranges peeled and seeded
- If using a juicer, run small pieces of your carrots and orange sections through it, and optionally strain the liquid for a smoother juice. Then, pour into 2 glasses.
- If using a blender, place chopped carrots and orange sections in the blender, with 1 cup of water. Then, blend on high until all lumps are gone. Finally, strain your juice and enjoy!
Turmeric Lemon Shot
- 3 large lemons seeded and peeled
- 3" turmeric root
- Press all ingredients through your juicer. Serve with a bit of cinnamon or powdered ginger. It'll be sure to wake you up in the morning!
Beetroot Apple Smoothie
- High-speed blender or food processor
- 1 medium beetroot peeled and chopped
- 4 small apples peeled and cores removed
- Toss all ingredients in the blender, and blend on high until lumps have disappeared.
Mango Chilli Smoothie
- 2 medium mangos chunks, frozen
- 1 tsp. chilli powder (plus a bit extra for garnish)
- Blend up all ingredients in your blender, and garnish with a little extra chilli powder sprinkled on top. Enjoy!