This Italian dish is the definition of comfort food. It’s rich, creamy, and the perfect warm meal to enjoy on a chilly afternoon, or any time you’d like! Plus, our version is full of protein, has no cholesterol, and is lower in fat. So go ahead, have seconds!
Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo
- Blender or food processor
- Medium Pot
- 1 block tofu silken, firm
- 1/4 cup coconut milk canned
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (if not available, use extra garlic powder or replace with vegan parmesan)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 8 oz fettucine dried or fresh
- 1 cup mushroom raw, slices
- 1 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley fresh, chopped
- Place all ingredients in blender (except parsley and olive oil), and blend until smooth.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- Add a pinch of salt, and pour in your fettucine. Cook until "al dente" texture is reached. Drain and rinse, then set aside.
- Heat and grease (using olive oil) a saucepan, and fry mushrooms until most of their moisture is released.
- Pour alfredo sauce into the pan with the mushrooms, and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour fettucine into the saucepan, and mix in with the sauce, allowing the pasta to absorb a bit of the moisture for about 5 minutes.
- Serve by twisting your pasta into a bowl, and garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!