Wouldn’t it be great if mac & cheese could be low-fat and healthy? This kid-approved recipe is definitely a smart choice for your little ones, and for grown-ups, too!
High-Protein Vegan Mac & Cheese
- High-speed blender
- 12 oz macaroni dry
- 0.5 cup peas canned
- 1 head broccoli finely chopped
- 150 g silken tofu soft
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp coconut milk canned
- 1 tsp vegan butter optional
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 0.5 tsp paprika
- 0.25 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp yellow mustard
- Blend all ingredients together (except macaroni and vegetables) in a high-speed blender, until completely smooth.
- Fill your pot 3/4 of the way full with water, then add sea salt.
- Add pasta, and boil until soft or "al dente".
- Drain pasta, rinse, and set aside in a clean bowl.
- Fill your pot once again with filtered water, then boil your broccoli until cooked, but not completely soft or mushy.
- Mix together pasta and broccoli. Then, drain your can of peas, and mix into pasta as well.
- Pour your cheese sauce over the pasta, mix well, and serve!